Dear Cape Fear Family Law:
My spouse and I separated about six (6) months ago. I did not hire an attorney, but I am about to run out of money and my husband is not willing to give me any for my monthly bills? Is it worth getting an attorney?
-No $$$ to Waste
Dear No $$$ to Waste:
It is vitally important for people that are about to separate, or are just separated, to hire an attorney as close to (or before) the day they start living separately. This is the best way to keep your legally expenses down. That said, yes you should at least visit with an attorney to see what your rights are. Post separation support, alimony, and child support may be options for you to get your spouse to assist in your support and the children’s support, if you have children.
No, you don’t have any money to waste…who does? If you don’t go and see an attorney, you may have lost money instead of wasted it. Don’t you think it is worth a consultation fee of between $150.00 and $300.00 to find out if you are eligible for support? Choose wisely!
The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information above is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. This answer is provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.
- Protecting Your Castle: How to Protect Your Family During a Divorce
- Protect your grandchildren : The Alexander case
- How to Protect Your Child’s Mobile Device Usage
- Why Jay Cutler Does NOT Deserve Half of Kristin Cavallari’s Business After Their Divorce
- Everything You Need to Know about Kim and Kanye’s Post – Divorce Arrangements
- Why Britney Spears May Need A Conservatorship
- Why Britney Spears Should Be Free Of Her Conservatorship
- How Moms Can Promote Visits with Dad
- A Father’s Greatest Role: Unconditional Love
- Why Teenagers Don’t Want to Visit