DSS and Danger
Dear Cape Fear Family Law:
The Department of Social Services (DSS) contacted me about my child. They asked me questions and told me there was a report made. They won’t tell me a lot, but I realize that my daughter is in danger while living with her mom. What should I do?
-DSS and Danger
Dear DSS and Danger:
First, you may want to have an attorney consult with you immediately on the investigation with DSS if that is still ongoing. Next, you may want to immediately file child custody if your child is truly in danger. I have found that waiting is rarely the best thing to do if you have facts, evidence, or information that shows your child is in danger. If there is a substance abuse problem, your attorney can request drug testing. You should immediately take action to place your child in a safe setting. Best of luck and much safety to your child.
The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information above is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. This answer is provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.
- Custody Holiday Traditions
- Decorate With Your Children
- How To Download Your Facebook Messages
- Sand Sculpture Spectacular – Protect Your Home
- Protecting Your Children: The Importance of Communication in Times of Parent Separation
- Sculpt Your Future and Your Family – Protect Your Children
- Why Hiring an Expert Attorney is Better
- Keeping Children Safe Through Divorce
- New Income Models for 2022 for Child Support
- The Importance Of A Judge